Translate

Bruno Fernandes broke down in tears after landing at Man Utd

BRUNO FERNANDES broke down in tears after landing his transfer to Manchester United as he says "I fought all my life for this club".
The Portuguese midfielder has hit the ground running at Old Trafford since his £55million move from Sporting Lisbon in January.

Fernandes remembers his hero Cristiano Ronaldo making the switch to Old Trafford in 2003 which left him hoping that one day he too could reach the great heights of the five-time Ballon d'Or winner in Manchester.
He admits he was overcome with emotion when he was told he would finally be completing his dream move.
He told Mario Djurovski in an Instagram Live interview: "You know, I will say the truth that I was scared.
"It was a dream [come true] but it was a big dream.
"For me, playing in England and for Manchester [United] was the highest part of my career. To play in the Premier League, for one of the best teams in the world.
"When I received the call saying, ‘Bruno, you have the chance of moving to Manchester’ I called my wife, my brother, my sister, my mother and just started crying.
"But I was crying through happiness. I fought all my life for this, for this top club. The chance was here and I needed to take it with both hands, to follow my dream.
"My family knew since the beginning that I wanted to be a footballer, they knew my big dream was to be in the Premier League and to play for Manchester."

Ronaldo is thought to have helped pulled the strings in Fernandes' move to Old Trafford by talking to his Portugal team-mate and Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Fernandes told the Manchester United website in January: "I talked about Manchester United with Cristiano. He just said good things about United.
"He said he started living his dream here and he started being a really good player here.
"I think he is happy with my transfer and I also talked with Ole and he said he asked Cristiano about me and he said good things about me which is good.
"Cristiano plays with me in the national team and he knows me, and for me he’s a good person. I want to follow his steps."
Before the coronavirus crisis put the season on standby, United were on an 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions and up to fifth spot in the Premier League, pushing for a Champions League place.
They have looked like a completely different team since the January transfer window, having signed Fernandes and secured Odion Ighalo on a loan deal which was recently extended for another six months.
The Portuguese ace has made nine appearances and scored three — including two penalties, and providing four assists.

No comments:

Featured Post

Mother Of Newly Born Twins Need Support

Popular Posts